1. With Wendala in your party, enter the house with a couple and a piano somewhere in Sankt Leona, and interact with the piano. After Random is done playing, Wendala will take over and play a lovely tune for you. This will happen with either of the two pianos at the Guards' Area as well, but with more dramatic responses from the audience.
2. Don't bother trying to beat Monica Peter at the slot machine. Nothing gets updated in the game if you ever miraculously surpass her record of 569,210 GP. And while you do get a minor text update in the game if you surpass Richmond's 188,520 GP, it's such a trivial update that it's not really worth wasting time with the slot machine.
3. Ever wondered what would happen if you were just lucky enough to get a 777 with the slot machine in Laxius Power? Wonder no more: all what happens is that the word JACKPOT comes up with exclamation marks, and then the prize number of 100,000 GP, followed by a message depicting the receptionist being stunned by what happened.
4. You get to fight the spiders in the bush at Fairy Town 3226 times.
5. There is actually a barrel with a Red Bone in the Tangar Mountains that, as far as I know, one cannot legitimately reach in the game. It's in the same area where the Harpy Key is, but down below behind the stone columns near the entrance to that specific area.
6. Save whenever you can, and in different slots. You never know what bug to expect at times. For example, when in the hospital at Sankt Leona after the attack at the inn, during the motion scene that occurs upon noticing Guanidia's disappearance, your sprite might freeze in motion if blocked by one of those randomly moving sprites. So save always.
7. The Goldeen Bow is, believe it or not, in the game's item database. It is a weapon that can hit multiple enemies at once, and only Sarah and Wendala can equip it. However, as far as I know, there is no legitimate way to obtain the item in this game.
8. The fastest enemy in the game is Dawn Hunter, with an Agility of 873. The second fastest enemy in the game is the Gargaryan Beast, with an Agility of 869.
9. Encountering the Gargaryan Beast is purely based on luck. As long as you stay within the right boundaries, you will eventually encounter it, regardless of weather, terrain, or proximity to Athors' place. The boundaries are a bit tricky to explain here, so to keep it simple, stick to the center of the Gargaryan Lands when looking for the Beast.
10. There is a bug that allows you to explore Ghost Town without experiencing Sun Burn. Yes, you read correctly. Here's how: enter Ghost Town, then quickly exit and heal at one of the inns (without touching any area where you can use Egress), then enter the Forest Maze from Fairy Town
, then Egress. You'll end up in Ghost Town without
11. You know those two fairies at Forest Maze who charge you 1200 GP to safely cross the bridge next to them? There is a way to stop them from asking you for money. Touch the center of that bridge and press ENTER. Then talk to either one of them, and their dialogue will change.
12. Ever wondered what event triggered the fishing area monsters to come back? The answer is that it has something to do with touching the spot right in front of the inn at Merthuns.
13. If Wendala is in your fighting party, then it is ok to agree to a pact with Kirai the Necromancer. You won't get an automatic game over as a result. In fact, you're slightly better off doing so since you get a free turn at the start of the battle that ensues. According to Geneforge (a user on this forum), this seems to be the only time you can get a non-battle Game Over screen in this game when you don't have Wendala with you.
14. If upon using the Magic Camera spell, you're asked to select which map to replace, do NOT go backwards (by pressing LEFT) when on the first map recorded, or the game will go blank and automatically shut down the moment you click OK on the error message that pops up.
15. The Crusher's dialogue (when interacting with him) is updated when either Random, Sarah, or Luciana beats him three times. It is further updated when Coryool beats him three times. And finally, when Wendala beats him three times, the final update to his dialogue is set.
16. Beat Fernand Cornimbourg five times with Random for Fernand's dialogue to be updated. If you beat General Dacorn three times with Random, Dacorn's dialogue will also be updated. Additionally, if you also
lose five times with Random against Fernand and three times with Random against Dacorn, the respective dialogues will be further updated. I am referring, by the way, to the dialogues that occur when you interact with them during the times when the fights are NOT happening. At those times, Fernand will be sitting at one table, and Dacorn at another (next to a fan of his).
17. In the same room where Eva and her fellow fighters are, there is a Palace Guard at the lower right corner who is a fan of Fernand Cornimbourg and Samuel Le Bart. If you beat Samuel three times with Sarah, the dialogue with the Palace Guard will be updated to include Sarah's response to him.
18. Regarding the Dobuhl-Ag dilemma, the "right" thing to do after killing Dobuhl-Ag is to head back to the guy who asked you to kill him (i.e., the rogue) and choose either of the two options that does not involve killing him. The reason I think this is the "right" thing to do is that, according to the priestess that you interact with via the Orb of Knowledge spell (or at the Sage Tower), doing so will make up for the fault committed, and Yveen won't have to lecture you about it. But ultimately, it doesn't really matter whether or not you kill the rogue.
19. While escorting the old exorcist to his daughter's house, you have to deal with random Sanguines and Shadow Elves. After winning 20 such random encounters, they stop coming to you randomly. In addition, while the old man is still with you, there is a fixed
battle with Sanguines at one of the bridges in SankT Leona. And in case you were wondering, the battle that is triggered upon entering the daughter's house with the old man is fixed, not random.
20. As noted by forum user Carmilla, there are unused characters in the hero database, such as Chaz and a strange creature called "ddd". There's also Nash the dragon, and a princess called Anri. In addition, there is a powerful alternate "Luciana" with rather high stats and lots of spells, all at level 1.
21. It is possible to encounter the Beast before ever seeing Rolland. When that happens, and you win the fight, a random guy will appear out of nowhere, demanding that you follow his lead towards Rolland's place. You will have no option but to do just that.
22. Eva is particularly susceptible to paralysis (not to be confused with numbness).
23. When talking to the Sage to end the game, you are given two titles depending on (1) the number of relics and artifacts gathered, and (2) the number of hours spent playing the game.
- The first set of possible titles (based on number of artifacts and relics) is as follows: Mushroom Picker (below 11), Worm Seeker (11-20), Tomb Explorer (21-30), Bounty Hunter (31-38), Master Ranger (39-41), and Indinera Landlord (42+).
- The second set of possible titles (based on number of hours) is as follows: Metrolian Tyrano (super solar; 5-9 hours), Indinera Millipuf (v. fast; 10-19 hours), Were Boar (fast; 20-29 hours), War Orc (average; 30-39 hours), Wild Goose (slow; 40-59 hours), and Slug (v. slow; 60+ hours). If you somehow manage to beat the game in under 5 hours, you will receive the title of Cheater Monkey (outside of rate)!
24. For more information on when Baretta's sales are updated, go here
25. For more information on how to obtain the Sword of Scrolls without failure, go here
26. In Easy Mode, you are restricted from crossing either of the two bridges leading to GandJe Proud and the Gargaryan Lands, which means that you will not be able to complete certain sidequests in Easy Mode, including defeating Orfuls and obtaining the key to Wendala's cell. Hence, you will never have the pleasure of having Wendala in your party in Easy Mode.
27. When exactly does the father take over the shop again in Chanterless? Answer: When you first exit the Forest Maze to Fairy Town.
28. If you ended up killing the rogue merchant in GandJe Proud, win more than 500 additional battles after killing the rogue. Then go back to the shop, and you will see another merchant (one seemingly more benign) standing at the counter in place of the previous one. This merchant will sell you the following products: Indinera Conker, Orc Mace, Royal Tequila, Tequila Sunlight, and Coca Pollen.
29. Only Random and Luciana can learn Over Bolt while equipping the Sword of Scrolls.
30. The Red Apricot Tree can normally, given time and care, hold a maximum of 20 Apricots. However, this maximum can be surpassed if you rest at the 10,000 GP inn and your tree is able to hold a maximum of at least 17 Apricots. This is because the maximum raise of 4 yielded by resting at the inn (with the tree for the first time) disregards the usual maximum cap of 20. This means, if you rest at that inn with the tree able to hold a maximum of 20, the maximum will become 24. Even better is that, past 20, the maximum will never go down at all. Normally, if the maximum is 20, it is possible for it to go down to 19 if the tree is not pruned on time, but will be back to 20 once pruned (and if it is actually alive, of course). Otherwise, the maximum never goes down. Just remember that the maximum raise at the inn can only happen once (after buying the tree), so if you want a maximum greater than 20, make sure you read this tip very carefully first.
31. There is some randomness involved when it comes to battling Samuel Le Bart and Cyrillo. Sometimes you may end up battling a stronger version of either of them. You can tell you'll be fighting a stronger version of Samuel Le Bart if he says that you can count on him for an amazing fight.
32. The Marguerites lady will offer to sell you the Red Apricot Tree simply by interacting with her a few times. You can speed the process up by making some purchase during each interaction. However, my suggestion is to wait until you're done with the whole Demon Wolf drama.
33. If you are somehow able to cheat at certain points in the game, a message from Damianzeking will pop up, suggesting you not to cheat. For example, getting to the Sword of Scrolls without going through the tedious 10000 victories quest will lead to such a message. If you somehow manage to get into Wendala's cell without having defeated Orfuls first, you also get a message from Damianzeking with a short and, imo, unfunny dialogue ensuing (Wendala challenging Damianzeking, and Damianzeking reminding her that she's a slave and must obey).
34. Despite the Azur Constellation giving either Random or Luciana an option to learn Over Bolt, the spell never automatically registers as a result. The only way to learn the spell (temporarily) is by having either Random or Luciana equip the Sword of Scrolls. The reason for this bug is because of a code that keeps executing in the background, whereby the spell is automatically forgotten by either character if they don't have the Sword of Scrolls equipped.
35. Based on what I can see in the enemy battle database, there is an interesting "final boss battle of sorts" that never made it into the actual game. The enemy is supposedly a middle-aged lady who can summon any of four monsters with some high stats but relatively low HP. Nevertheless, it isn't exactly a challenging battle, and it doesn't seem like it would've been appropriate to include it anywhere in the actual game.
36. For Coryool to beat the arm wrestling guy, his current HP (not just maximum, but actual) has to be more than 600.
37. Make sure you at least
talk to the old owner of the warehouse infested with rats and
agree to the rat cleanup mission, before the whole Demon Wolf attacks occur. Otherwise, you'll never get the chance later on to complete this specific sidequest. But once you do agree to the mission, the warehouse will be permanently visible on the map, and you can finish it whenever you want.
38. If you want to receive the magical book from Clara Gyurens, you must complete the succubus sidequest before the Demon Wolf attacks at the inn.
39. If, during the Demon Wolf attacks at the hospital, if you have Herasia, Leanda, and Wendala with you in the fighting party, Duran will not temporarily join you. Instead, if you interact with him, he will tell you that he is wounded and urge you to quickly head to the room where the Demon Wolves are.
40. There is a hidden boy somewhere inside Baretta's shop. I'll leave it to you to find out the exact spot.
41. The highest rank and grade one can attain in the game is Mithril Dragon. The one before that is Mithril Gryphon.
Happy to post more tips and notes later.