nighty
Little Servant
Little Servant

Female
Number of posts : 36
I\'m : Neutral
Registration date : 2015-12-25

PostSubject: Few findings on Mad World :)   Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:20 pm

Just finished the Mad World part, found two things that might be useful for others:)

1. In the blind way to king Duncan II, there is a chest hidden with "Land of waste" book (teaches Bubble Wreckage). Got this chest basically by accident, I used the lower entrance to the blind route instead of the upper one Wink

2. How to make the fight with king Dubcan MUCH shorter :

The consciousness isn't much of a problem, the true pain are the dead bodies. No matter how much damage you deal to them, they keep casting Rainbow Tsunami over and over and over again. You can wait until they run out of MP but who has that much patience? Not me. Fortunately, dead bodies can be silenced. Unfortunately, not every spell with "silence"effect seems to be working on them. Tried using Wendala's Shocker, no effect. Ore Sceptre works every time...on one of them only (and you have twelve to attack). But there is one spell that do work wonders : Harp of Holiness (in my case, Baretta and Luciana had it). Silences most of dead bodies in one use (use twice to make sure all of them are silenced) and now they can be easily killed, just focus your attacks on one of them at a time. After all of them are dead, the consciousness can be killed in two rounds.

Oh, and make sure you are protected against suction, consciousness loves to suck out your HP/MP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megalomax
Little Servant
Little Servant

Male
Number of posts : 49
I\'m : Good
Registration date : 2016-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Few findings on Mad World :)   Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:54 pm

Great finding man!

I'm surprised someone went into the "Halls of Madness" with anyone but guanidia and baretta.

either way I always take the long but safe way to fight king duncan since the dead bodies don't do any damage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
luthius
Advanced Page
Advanced Page

Male
Number of posts : 127
I\'m : Unknown
Registration date : 2013-08-04

Character sheet
Creature: Beast of the Beyond
Class: Eater of Demon Souls
Element: Void

PostSubject: Re: Few findings on Mad World :)   Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:56 pm

Yep, I had found that spellbook a long time ago while just pressing the action button through that passage to see if anything was hidden, and sure enough!

Another thing to note is that you can also inflict Shock on the Dead Minds, which seems to hit them more often than Silence, so Luciana's Necromogon, Sarah's High Fly/Angel Slaughter (if you have it), and/or Guanidia's Carnivore Water are good moves, too. I usually use that strategy, since I always bring Guanidia to get to those chests near Magdalena's room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nighty
Little Servant
Little Servant

Female
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2015-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Few findings on Mad World :)   Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:36 pm

Actually, I didn't even read that you need to take Guanida into the Mad World so i've choosen characters I thought would get the most slayers, Wendy and Baretta. Only after finding
the crack and checking Grogor walkthrough I found out I was supposed to take Guanida instead of Wendala. Oh well, such things happen when you don't use walkthroughs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
andy356
Seduced
Seduced

Male
Number of posts : 18
I\'m : Unstable
Registration date : 2016-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Few findings on Mad World :)   Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:24 pm

I tried doing Mad World myself (since I can't find a walkthrough) but I can't get past the very first door T.T

I loaded all the tree programs I could find, but the door gives me the message that I haven't loaded them all. What am I missing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
luthius
Advanced Page
Advanced Page

Male

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Few findings on Mad World :)   Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:04 pm

Yeah, one of the tree programs is glitched and unreachable. Fortunately, Sandy can deactivate the door without even loading any of the programs, so just put her in your active party and you're in! You need her to complete the sidequest and get some stat bonuses for her at the end, anyways!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
andy356
Seduced
Seduced

Male

PostSubject: Re: Few findings on Mad World :)   Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:27 pm

... God I feel stupid for taking the time to load each program. INDINERA IS EVIL.

Thank you for that. I figured I'd need a certain character when Random said "wish someone could open the door", but I wasn't willing to go through the torture of cycling through parties till I got the right one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
andy356
Seduced
Seduced

Male

PostSubject: Re: Few findings on Mad World :)   Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:36 pm

Okay, I took Sandy along. Now I've got the bonus from Dave and I'm stuck again. What now? I have Baretta with me and there are no hidden passages or anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
luthius
Advanced Page
Advanced Page

Male

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Few findings on Mad World :)   Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:55 pm

Oh, I forgot! You might need Luciana's Floyd's Beacon to get out. If you take her with you and Floyd's Beacon is gone, leave right back from where you entered and enter again, and it should be back on the spell list.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
andy356
Seduced
Seduced

Male

PostSubject: Re: Few findings on Mad World :)   Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:52 pm

I'd read the earlier post about the Floyd's Beacon bug. What I meant was, how do I go further in the Mad World?........... OKAY NEVERMIND I just realized my stupidity. XD

The topic title says "Mad World" but it's actually talking about the Halls of Madness, isn't it? I thought there was ANOTHER fight with King Duncan in the actual Mad World. Thought that there was more to explore after talking to Dave. But that's the last part, I guess.

Don't need Floyd's Beacon spell to get out, though. The entrance works fine and there's no place where you get stuck (barring using Egress).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
luthius
Advanced Page
Advanced Page

Male

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Few findings on Mad World :)   Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:57 am

Yep, they had got the world names confused. Smile Well, glad to see you're back on track. And yeah, I haven't found anything else after Sandy's little upgrade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kazuya Houzuki
Royal Servant
Royal Servant

Male
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2016-12-02

Character sheet
Creature: Demi-Fiend
Class: Knight of Razorshadow
Element: Doom and Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Few findings on Mad World :)   Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:05 am

Just to be SURE here,the Halls of Madness is the world below the Underking's Castle and the Mad World is the Modern Science Institute "egress to enter",right?Or is the way around?There is some confusion about that...and I don't remember --'...I always take Coryool with me to learn Fresh Wave Lol,Coryool and Herasia.It isn't these consoles that are bugged,are they?I don't want to lose a major stat boost(not that truly is necessary with limited items made infinite bugs and 99 Zapoo Diamond Import,but I surely will want to boost Lisa or Leanda(and Sandy))because of my faulty knowledge or a little pathetic spell:D.Sorry for the multi-way question.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
luthius
Advanced Page
Advanced Page

Male

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Few findings on Mad World :)   Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:40 pm

Kazuya Houzuki wrote:
Just to be SURE here,the Halls of Madness is the world below the Underking's Castle and the Mad World is the Modern Science Institute "egress to enter",right?

That is right! Smile

Kazuya Houzuki wrote:
It isn't these consoles that are bugged,are they?I don't want to lose a major stat boost(not that truly is necessary with limited items made infinite bugs and 99 Zapoo Diamond Import,but I surely will want to boost Lisa or Leanda(and Sandy))because of my faulty knowledge or a little pathetic spell:D.Sorry for the multi-way question.

Nope, that was about those tree programs in the Mad World. The consoles are perfectly fine. Wink

What is the infinite items glitch that you refer to?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kazuya Houzuki
Royal Servant
Royal Servant

Male
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2016-12-02

Character sheet
Creature: Demi-Fiend
Class: Knight of Razorshadow
Element: Doom and Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Few findings on Mad World :)   Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:14 am

http://laxiuspower-shrine.goodforum.net/t385-alchemy-ingredients#1197 In here you yourself said that Ocean Conches and Nenula's Powder can be bought infinitely.Fact.Somewhere in this LP3 forum is said that Ancient Sand is bugged and can be bought infinitely.Also a fact.That's the ones I referred to.And that's why I am wasting hours to get 99 Lycose Pearls/Zappo Diamonds,and also bought 99 Tyrean D.Tulip for my being-made crazy save lol.The mobs that drop materials was already citated by you on the same thread above.I always save before fighting them to always get at least one.I also know that some Nautilus has a 100% chance to drop the Fruit of Mist.Other than that I don't remember,sorry.I am stuck in LP1 with 26 Lycose Pearls ONLY and I will be there until I get everything --'.Off-topic aside,I am SURE that there are 1 or 2 more mobs in secluded areas that drop those itens and can be farmed easily with patience and I am also SURE that there is ANOTHER buggy material in LP3.As soon as I found/remember(considering that the addons didn't actually FIXED those bugs,as it fixed the bugs where High Lvl Baretta can open 3 chests(I already saw people saying 1 chest,but is actually 3,giving infinite Magdalena Bracelets,Ozur Bracelets,an armor which I don't remember and another chest that I ALSO don't remember,jeez--')i'll let you informed.I know that is possible in non-addon LP3,but in addon LP3?Never played yet so I dunno yet.Thanks for the answer!Fresh Wave is lame,but all spells help a little!And that Dave's boost....Very Happy Also when I said about the materials,my biggest worry is the Zombie Eyes which I am sure that can be made with either Zapoo Diamond Or Tyrean D.Tulip.With that boost in HP,you won't need anything else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Few findings on Mad World :)   Today at 4:22 pm

Back to top Go down

Few findings on Mad World :)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1